Monday, September 21, 2009

Pink Pages

Here are the pink pages I came up with for the Monochromatic Pink swap at Amusing Muses. I forgot how much I really enjoy the color pink until I started working on these.











Anyone ever heard of suzani fabric? Well, I just recently learned about the stuff which is hand stitched in India I believe and I couldn't be more in love with the colors and patterns. Of course I took liberties, but, two of my pages were inspired by the shapes and colors somewhat of the fabrics I learned about. I'm also very attracted to soft blush type pinks that are paired up with neutrals like woody warm browns and creamy warm wools.

In Tempe, AZ there used to be a remnant shop (don't know if it's still there) where I found a bunch of old powder puffs. Now mind you, I am the kind of person who buys strange items like that to make art with. I was especially attracted to them because of the word "Lushus" that is printed in gold ink on the back. I've had these sitting in my studio for ages and finally put one to good use on this page. I sewed sequins and beads on to add a little sparkle and funkiness as well. I really like the way it came out.

School is back in. More time for art and unfinished projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment