Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's done

After more fumbling and guessing and stewing I finally have my site up. I decided to change the address to http://www.victoria-rees.com. Like most people I bought several domaine names, but, I'm going to use the one above for my primary. I figured a .com is better than a .net. What do you think?Check it out when you have a moment. It's really been a fun journey for me learning html... wait a minute. Did I say... "fun!?" Yes, it's true. I must be a real nerd at heart because although it is very irritating when you can't figure something out, it's also very interesting learning what makes the web tick.


In the last few days I also managed to create a couple of rolodex cards. One for Stuart in the UK who always cracks me up with his gentlemanly humor and stage directions in his thread replies. They go something like this... *getting up to run to the door and trips over sleeping dog*. While considering an appropriate image for his rolodex, this image came to mind and wouldn't be quiet until I painted it. He got it today and really seems to like it. Ahhh, the warm fuzzies.


This other one is for a woman in Georgia named Greer. For some reason I seemed to be drawn to drawing feet. She seems like a toe ring kinda gal and commented after I posted it that she liked that about it. Funny how that happens.

I used irridescent paint on this one, so the photo doesn't come close to showing it off properly. I just liked the simplicity of the composition.

Spring is just around the corner. Can't wait. I'm done with the cold weather.

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I can't wait to have you paint for me. I absolutely love your work! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete