Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More chunky pages

Here are a few other pieces I have been working on. These "chunky pages" were created either for me or for a one on one trade with another artist. This format really appeals to me since it is larger than the traditional artist trading card.

"Kansas Farm Silos"
watercolor

While on a road trip last summer I spotted these unusual silos with their red and blue tops. On the flat Kansas landscape, they really caught my attention.


"Mashed Potatoes"
mixed media

This is dedicated to my mother-in-law, who recently broke her hip. Her favorite food is mashed potatoes.

Study for "Growth"
watercolor and ink

This was one of the precursers for the larger acrylic "Growth" image shown a couple of blogs ago. I still don't think I'm done exploring these shapes.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love all of these, especially the farm landscape. The last piece is so bright and fun. I have a thing for circles and polka dots myself. Thanks for sharing your talent everyone of your pieces is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete